Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Soft and Sleepy...


I'm a little out of the loop as far as popular music goes, but Pandora Radio is bringing me around.  I Love Love Love Pandora Radio!  I have my old favorites that I have stuck with for a very long time, and I almost never listen to local radio.  Well, maybe a little for the traffic report on the commute or NPR.   I create radio stations on Pandora based on my old favorites, and then it plays songs by other artists with a similar style.  I may be the last one to the party on this, I dunno.  I especially love Dispatch, The Grateful Dead, Michael Franti, and Ray Lamontagne.  My new favorite is Iron and Wine.  The photo above is of Sam Beam, the lead singer.  I love music with positive energy, and I am a sucker for a feel-good song, no matter how cheesy.  Sam Beam is in no way cheesy, but soft and sleepy... mostly acoustic guitar behind gentle, mellow lyrics.  His music feels like a crocheted blanket on a crisp autumn day with the windows open.  Anyway, I wanted to share.


Peace, love and happiness,
Earth Mother

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is peaceful. I wish it was slightly raining right now so it could be even more so.

BTW, that cake is awesome. Ample amounts of frosting. Funfetti. Colored sprinkles. It's truly a kiddie cake for the ages. :P

Chris in the Emerald City said...

Thanks Blue Faerie! He used three cans of frosting to glue it all back together...