Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Daddy Bakes a Cake...


I personally think the Old Hippie did a damn good job on the twins' 15th birthday cake... considering that he had never made a cake before, ever.  Not evan a box cake mix.  I think his only mistake was that he used butter-flavored cooking spray instead of non-stick spray.  They are not the same thing, as he discovered when he tried to get the cakes out of the pans.

I usually bake whatever kind of cake they want... anything from Coca Cola cake to Italian Cream cake, always something yummy and homemade.  This year they requested a Funfetti cake.  I didn't even know what that was...

Yep, a boxed mix, but that is what they wanted.  It worked out well considering that I was sick and in bed for two days this past weekend.  I am a little better today, but for the past two days I felt like I had a golf ball covered in knife blades stuck in my throat.  

The Old Hippie stepped up and represented.  He thinks his cake was a definite Cake Fail, but I think he did a wonderful job... considering.  Please leave him a comment telling him what you think!

Peace, love, and happiness,
Earth Mother

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I think the cake turned out quite scrumptious looking! :0)