Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby lizards, woodpeckers, and moon lessons...


Very nice Full Pisces Moon this past Monday.  The cloud patterns around the moon were picture perfect... only my I have no idea how to get my camera set to capture the image.  Here the Old Hippie is getting schooled on Lunar surface features.  Tadpole has absorbed every word of a book on the planets that I found for him at Goodwill and readily shares his knowledge on the subject... 


Isn't he cute?  This is just one of dozens of these little guys that scattered out from under the Rose of Sharon.    I imagine a few will be breakfast for the birds.  Tiny frogs seem to be everywhere you look, too....


 I snapped this picture through my kitchen window.  There were two Red-Headed Woodpeckers on the suet log feeder - the reason I ran for the camera - but I wasn't quick enough.  If anyone goes outside in the morning, one of them will perch itself on top of the power line pole and chatter away.  There are also Red-Bellied Woodpeckers and Downy Woodpeckers that eat from the feeder each day.

Moon Song #14


Peace, Love & Happiness,
Earth Mother

6 comments:

Shayna said...

You are so wonderful~

Oldfool said...

Plenty of lizards here (50 miles SW of the late City of New Orleans) although having a sudden peak in the cat population has put a crimp in their world domination plans. Mostly we have Green Anoles and Mediterannean Geckos. They live outside and sometimes inside but we just leave them alone and let them do their insect munching work.

Anonymous said...

Had lizard dreams recently. Fun little guys. The moon has been spectacular around here (Texas). The smoke from the wildfires have it looking very dynamic. Looking forward to the PMBP....will dropping by again soon. :)

Robin Larkspur said...

Wish I could take a good photo of the full moon too. I love that log suet feeder, and how fab that you attracted the red headed guys, they are phenomenal!! Your tadpole is amazing with his lunar knowledge! So glad you are blogging again!!

Jeanne said...

I always enjoyed the woodpeckers that frequented my feeders in AR. I shall miss hearing their call. And I shall miss the cute lizards and toads as well....

Anonymous said...

I have to say that that is one of the coolest looking wood peckers I´ve ever seen! We have nothing like it over here.

But I´ve seen some lizard younglings this summer though :-)(and lots of frogs and toads) and I do hope they are quick enough to stay away from all the cats living here :-)

I fell in love with anything that had to do with space when I was a kid and I´m still in love with it :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.